Thursday, October 14, 2010

I decided to walk.
Sometimes I need to walk.
I waved at the man in the car for letting me use the crosswalk.
The light was red and he couldn't have gone anyways, but I thanked him all the same.
I got lost in the maze of roads.
The air smelled like roses and sweat was already forming on my skin.
I wish it was this weather all the time.
Sun, with a cool sharp crispness that only means fall.
The leaves were crunchy on the ground.
The park was empty.
The grass was wet and I felt nostalgia for a place that I didn't grow up in.
I guess any kind of park equals childhood memories.
The swings still make me feel like I can fly.
The round-about was wet and squeaked when it moved.
I sat on it and let it squeak.
Round and round the world blurred.
I sat on top of the picnic bench and thought about bread and tea.
A man came with his dog.
He threw a stick.
The dog yapped with excitement.
Bark bark so excited so excited.
I waved at him and he waved back at me.
I wished that I could stay out there forever and die on the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment