Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Los Angeles Leg of the Birthday Trip

Well, what can I say? I love LA. So much. I didn't get lost, it was a very easy drive...boring...but easy. The Grapevine was a little scary though, not gonna lie. I arrived and was SO excited to see my friend Justin. He's living with a bunch of guys I went to high school with and it was like a strange high school reunion. It was sunny and warm (in March!) the whole time. The first night I got there I went to Venice to see Justin in his play, "Julia," which was amazing and inspiring and almost had me in tears. That's hard to do. He's a very good actor. When he's famous I'll be able to say that I dated him in high school. Hahaha. I'm surprised I didn't get lost driving to Venice but I managed it all on my own without calling Justin or Mack crying. Score. We took a couple of pre-birthday shots and then got a tad cross-faded and went out on a romp around UCLA campus with Sterling and Ryan. So fun. We actually walked all the way out to the Playboy Mansion. So cool.

The next day was spent in the sunshine of Malibu. The boys wanted to skateboard and boy, did they. I had no idea they were so good! Makes me really miss it, I can't even attempt it anymore because of the torn cartilage in my knees. :( But I had so much fun all the same. Mack and I had a lovely heart-to-heart. I still think he looks like a brown-haired Heath Ledger. That night we played champagne pong like nobody's business, my team won both times! We started the birthday countdown and drank sooooo much champagne. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile, those boys are pretty funny. At the stroke of twelve (I was actually born at 12:22am, but who's counting?) I was jumping around and giggling hysterically as the boys sang the best/worst "Happy Birthday" song to me ever. Drunk men screaming happy birthday was definitely a highlight. Hahahaha. Floods of phone calls and texts came pouring in, I felt insanely loved. :)


Awwww Mack Daddy.
My Favorite.
So gone.
Sterling is my hero...

My actual birthday I spent lounging around in Justin's bed (minds out of the gutter, Justin had his play to go to) and reading The Lovely Bones. It was so nice to just relax and nap and just be lazy. My best friend Laurel finally came over and I was beyond ecstatic! I've missed her something terrible, she's definitely the rock in my life. Justin was so sweet, he took us both out to dinner at this crepe restaurant in Santa Monica. We walked around and it was so lovely, all the trees had white lights on them and the coolest thing ever was the dinosaur sculptures. We went back to the house and played a very intense game of beer pong. Laurel and I lost terribly...I'll win my title back eventually. THEN: my first (legal) bar experience. Getting carded was the most exciting thing ever. Margaritas on the rocks, a strange Swedish man, and lots of laughs with some of my favorite people.
Dinosaur!!!
Legal!
Swedish man. ^

After recovering slightly from stomach pains, Laurel and I walked to Brentwood...which was a lot further than we thought, but the weather was amazing and it was much needed. Banana/strawberry smoothies and acting "so LA" while eating fish tacos. It was so fun. After recuperating from that walk, we spent time on the boys' sofas talking about high school and the old days. Then there was the movie. Oh boy. I recommend it to anyone who DOESN'T get queasy. "127 Hours" with James Franco. Moral of the story: ALWAYS tell someone where you are going. 127 hours= 5 days, 7 hours. That's a long freaking time. Watch it. Because we felt slightly sick from that, Laurel and I went back to Santa Monica for some retail therapy. Haha! Got my sister and my friend birthday presents and a very pretty ring for myself. I was so sad when Laurel went home. :( Justin took me out to see "Take Me Home Tonight" with Topher Grace and Ana Faris. Really funny.
Santa Monica sushi!

I left for Fremont today and made it in 5 hours! All I can say is that I had an incredible, amazing birthday with wonderful people that I love dearly. It was everything I wanted and more. I'm very thankful that I got to spend it (epically) with people I love. Thanks guys!!!! Now off to Humboldt to see my sisters and brother and get crunk with the crew! Time for the next leg of this crazy birthday trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment