Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Leaves

The wind ripped the bright yellow leaves from their safe haven of the tree up into the sky. Bright yellew was floating and spinning against a dark cloud background.

It was beautiful. I was in Neverland for a moment.

From my kitchen window I see brown and yellow leaves on the same tree. The battle of good and evil.

I want to curl up in the trees, be inside them and feel the raw power of the wind.

The wind can make the baby leaves on the tree by the balcony dance.

The landscapers are blowing leaves into a big pile and taking them away.

I'm mad. I want the deep red and yellow gold leaves to stay on my porch and cement walkway forever.

I know that they will just mold and turn into muck.

But they are so pretty right now.

Mr. man with the rake...leave them alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment