Monday, January 24, 2011

I moved to Fremont, CA!

I finally got to Fremont, CA where I am to be living for awhile.
Great driving weather, sunny and cold. Great music, songs from my teenage years.
Cuz that was sooo long ago...
I stopped in Healdsburg which was my first and favorite home away from home. I lived there when I was 18. I love it there so much. It's so quaint. I got a Jamba Juice and some sushi from Safeway and sat in the sun and enjoyed myself for awhile. I wanted to go to the river, but I didn't have time. This summer. Me, bikini, mojitos, and that river. It's a date.
I got lost in Oakland and had to call my mother. It was very pretty little old houses and I knew I was lost as shit. I hate getting lost...I hate getting lost like men hate asking for directions. I finally found the bay and was back on my way.
Got to the house and I guess I hadn't mentally prepared myself. I haven't really been back since my Nana died. I went back for her memorial and again to pack up her things. So utter mental breakdown unsued. My Papa went to the grocery store and I completely lost it. I grew up in that house, every summer since I was born. I remember it a certain way and in my head, it's supposed to be that way. It still smells the same. I called my mother once again and hysterically went off about random things. I think she understood though.
I think my mental anguish was also due to the fact that I got lost and the so called "special boy" wouldn't answer my calls and sent me to voicemail everytime. Over it, seriously.
I don't know what I was thinking coming to a place where I literally know no one but my family here. I have to keep telling myself that it will be okay and I will find a job and do my thing. At least it's sunny and warm. I took pictures of the garden. Made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment