Thursday, February 10, 2011

We'll make that sun shine like a new penny.

And what a gorgeous day it was.
I sat on the couch with my mama and let her play with my hair, while the dogs tried desparately to get on the couch. It's funny that at almost (3 weeks!) 21, the mommy touch still calmes you right down.
I went to see my twin, as it's her birthday weekend and bought her a birthday smoothie, which apparently is really good for you but tasted like death.
Carrots and garlic and wheatgrass don't mix in my book.
Went tanning while she got her hair did. I cannot WAIT for summer, I want the real thing and not a damn tanning bed. Yuck.
Got yelled at by some hippy after I was trying to parallel park, you would think that no one has seen someone try to do that in this town....I was already annoyed at the serious lack of parking and I think I snapped at him a tad much when he told me I should be more careful through his open window. Oh well.
Actually saw the special boy. :D After about a half hour of slight jabs at me, it went back to normal and the good ol' times. We layed in the glorious warm weather under our favorite tree and threw grass at each other and talked and laughed and I was just on top of the world. I love the sun, it really can change my whole mood, that's why I moved to it! We did get serious for awhile and we talked about possibly never getting back together...but it's still there that we might. I'll never fully get over him, but hearing him say not to wait emotionally for him was really good for me to hear. I will always, always love him and he has my heart, but it's just not the right time right now. He said he could never fully trust me again :( but I told him that if it ever worked out again, it would be completely different.
I'm feeling really inspired again and can't wait to get back to The Bay and get on more photosets. I bought this BEAUTIFUL dress for my 21st birthday at my favorite vintage store in my hometown and I'm SO excited. Photoshoots will commence in LA for the big day. Can't wait to see Laurel and Justin and Mack.
I can't wait to be 21 and be able to take my grandpa out for a beer and to be able to order wine with my lunch...
Oh sweet jesus, I almost forgot! I bought a new camera to add to the collection!!! It's a stunning G Yashica Electra 35 that I bought at an antique store for $25. It seems to be in great working order, I just need some film and a lens cap. And I desparately want polaroid film and a fish-eye lens.
It's been a good visit home, I saw (almost) everyone that I wanted to see but I'm definitely ready to go back to Fremont.
I did have a very sad "I miss Portland" moment today. I can't wait to go back in March. That's my home, straight up and I miss it something terrible. Oh, and I really miss my eyebrow piercing. May in rest in peace.
My friend told me that I'm "trouble with a first name." I love that statement so much, kinda made my night for reasons that I cannot explain. Maybe because I've had "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett stuck in my head fer dayz.
I watched "The Runaways" and other than it not really having a plot, I fell in love with Dakota Fanning even more than normal. Her wardrobe was gorgeous and she is brilliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st7QBBKz8DU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta3EQxSsCFQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment