Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Whiskey Soaked Cherries

Life is kinda like this ^
You bite it and it's sour and raw and blunt in your mouth
And then you get to the sweetness
And hopefully, if you're lucky, the pit isn't in there
Sometimes it is
I'm still at the whiskey part today
But it's sunny, even though it's cold
And I got a birthday card with money for my trip
Thank you Grammy
I should go hiking
But I've been having this fear of going out
And I don't know why
It needs to be broken right quick
I need gas in my car...
I spent the morning thinking about what a true friend is
I can count mine on one hand
People that will drop everything when the shit hits the fan
I'm okay with only having a few of them
I saw a quote that I really like
"If you're going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty"
I could say that to soooo many people right now
I feel isolated and most days
It sucks
Hardcore
But today I like being alone
I keep saying I'm tired of feeling used and disrespected
But today feels different
Like I truly am done with people that I really don't need
So I'm cutting them out
I'm not calling anyone to make amends
I'm done
I'm not a child anymore
I have a dull fury banging around in my chest
It doesn't want to come out today
Sour and rough and raw
I want to hit sweetness and miss the pit

No comments:

Post a Comment